A new baby causes numerous changes in a new mother’s body. Whether you’re pregnant, breastfeeding, pumping, or a combination of the three, your nipples are probably getting a lot more attention than they used to. They can become dry, cracked, chapped, sore, itchy, or even bleeding depending on your situation and body. Check out more on best nursing cream here.
Here are some of the best nipple creams for you:
- Honest Calm Your Nip Balm
- The Genuine Calm Your Nip Balm took first place because it is a natural nipple balm that uses shea butter, beeswax, coconut oil, and other natural 100 percent organic ingredients to soothe tender nipples and relieve dry skin. There’s no need to wipe it off before a feeding because it’s safe for both mom and baby. The balm is hypoallergenic, unscented, and free of petrolatum, lanolin, silicones, and synthetic fragrances, making it suitable for even the most sensitive skin.
- If cracked nipples become an issue, coconut oil reduces yeast levels on the skin, lowering the risk of thrush, which can be quite painful and disrupt a good feeding routine.
- MotherLove Nipple Cream
- Near the end of a pregnancy, pregnant women’s nipples may become tender, dry, or itchy. If you’re looking for some relief, look no further than this multipurpose cream. The award-winning, all-natural, multi-purpose formula is a must-have. The cream is a lifesaver for breastfeeding mothers with chapped, itchy nipples.
- The unscented, plant-based formula is useful for more than just nipples; many women use it on chapped lips, dry skin, as a pump lubricant, and other things. Reviewers love this product because a little goes a long way, so the jar will last a long time, and it can even be used as a diaper cream for sensitive baby butts. Because it is oil-based, some people believe it may stain bras or clothing that comes into contact with it.
- Lansinoh Nipple Cream
- Lansinoh’s HPA Lanolin Nipple Cream, developed specifically for breastfeeding mothers, is not only safe for babies but also relieves the pain of sore and cracked nipples in breastfeeding mothers. Lansinoh’s HPA Lanolin Nipple Cream is proven to be the best cream for sore and cracked nipples for breastfeeding mothers that will help soothe and protect the nipples as it contains no antioxidants, preservatives, other additives, chemicals, or perfume, making it the best nipple cream for breastfeeding. Because of its pure medical grade lanolin and hypoallergenic properties, it is suitable for both mother and child.
- Lanolin is a well-known skin soother made from sheep wax that can be extremely beneficial and soothing. Pumping mamas may require extra attention because the repetitive motion of the pump can cause nipples to become especially sore. This cream is made from purified thick lanolin to ensure a pure hypoallergenic product. It’s a medical-grade product that can be used on dry skin, lips, cuticles, and anywhere else.
- Medela Tender Care Lanolin Nipple Cream
- Caring for your irritated and sore nursing nipples doesn’t have to be difficult. The lanolin-based Medela Tender Care cream glides over nipples to form a healing and protective barrier for more comfortable nursing sessions.
- You don’t have to worry about wiping it off before feeding your baby because it’s safe for both mom and baby. The mess-free texture, made of a natural ingredient blend, makes application a breeze.